View Single Post
Old May 20, 2009, 03:04 PM   #10
Paul B.

"I have wondered about expunged felonies. do they still count?
It's funny I know a lot of grown responsible gun owners that did a lot of supid stuff when they were kids that could have screwed them for life.
makes you wonder how many guys lost their rights over something like bashing a mail box, while I would love to bust the @$$ of the little &*%% that pull that crap on my street I wonder if they even know what they are risking?"

I think it depends on what state you live in. Some states will allow felons who have served their time after a period of probabtion upon release to apply to the court that convicted them for restoration of all their civil rights. If granted, they can once again possess firearms. I believe that this usually applies only to first time offenders. I know that some people are adamently against this policy, but that's too bad.
Arizona is one state that has by law, allows felons to apply to the court for restoration of civil rights. I have a neighbor who screwed up and was made a felon. (I think he was railroaded, but that's JMHO. I won't go into the details which I am quite familiar with.)
Arizona not only restores people's rights, but a felon who has had his rights restored or the crime expunged can apply for and receive a CCW. Go down to sec. E number 3 for the details.
Paul B.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatD...13&DocType=ARS

Page generated in 0.03862 seconds with 8 queries