View Single Post
Old January 10, 2010, 08:31 AM   #52
smince

Quote:
Aren't you making assumptions too with your choice of firearm?
Actually, no. My choice allows me to handle 1 mugger or multiple assailants.
Quote:
I am curious what type of limits of the violence spectrum you are arming yourself against? Three, four, five guys? Is that based on where you live or where you travel?
That's just it: I don't know what I'm likely to encounter on any given day. Sure, odds are I could leave the house empty handed and be fine. But remember, for a 5 shot average there were 1 round shootings and 9 round shootings......if you find yourself managing a 9 round problem with a 5 shot pistol things just might get a little...tense.
Quote:
Bane says you plan for what is likely. What is likely depends on where you are, or are going to be says he.
Michael Bane has a podcast about shooting. If that makes him the 'be all-end all' in your book, fine. As he says in his bio:
Quote:
I have never been a SEAL, an "operator," a member of a special team, a stealthy ninja killer, or a secret agent--and I've never held myself out as one. I am, however, a shooter.
Would you or he mind showing me exactly how to manage a 3 on 1 assault with only 5 rounds......

A snubbie is a weapon of convenience. I wouldn't want anyone to inconvenience themselves. Hopefully your gunfight will a single inept BG with a tire iron wanting your cool watch.

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 8 queries