View Single Post
Old February 28, 2009, 10:36 PM   #30
OuTcAsT

I am going to ask a couple of questions that pertain to the circumstances under which the arrest being discussed was made.

Wagonman,

You said:

Quote:
Don't want to talk to the Police---fine, don't answer door. Then I would have to get a warrant and you won't be bothered, unless, there are exigent circumstances---hot pursuit, threat to life, etc.
Let's play hypotheticals for a moment, let's say that a 911 call (for this question it is a "hang-up") and you are dispatched for a check. You wind up at the wrong address somehow, and go to the door and knock.

If I am inside, hear the knock, hear someone announce "Police" and decide to remain quietly inside and not answer the door, how will this be handled?

Will you simply walk away since you have no warrant, and that's it?

And under the same circumstances, if I do open my mouth and tell you your services are not required, that I did not call, am I somehow now bound by some law to open the door?

As you read these questions please remember, I ask only to try and learn, these are not jabs at the officers at all. I am trying to be clear on how this type of thing is actually handled.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; February 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: to make it more clearer

Page generated in 0.02008 seconds with 8 queries