View Single Post
Old May 18, 2012, 03:53 PM   #15
Clifford L. Hughes

TheRaskalKing:

Devloping a good dry firing routin will help you take control of your pistol. Your snapping-in works best when it's done on a daily basis. The human eye can focus on only one point at a time. In pistol shooting that point is either the front or the rear sight. The target will be blurred.

I stood about ten feet from a blank white wall using the back of a kitchen chair to simulate a shooting bench. I experimented with developing a good grijp and developing my trigger finger placement. Proper trigger finger placement is vital to releasing the trigger with out disturbing sight alignment. There's no one trigger finger placement that works for everyone.

Next I focused my eyes on the front sight and raised the pistol, my eyes followed the pistol to shooting position and then I released the trigger watching the sights. If my trigger release disturbed the sights it was apparent with the white background.

When you carry your new slill to the range remember if you are focusing your eyes on the sights the target will blurr. If the sights are aligned when the shot fires they can move the distance of the bullseye and you will still hit the ten ring.

The pistol should suprise you when it goes off so you'll have no reason to flinch.

By the way I gained my experience while shooting of several Marine Corps pistol teams. I was a NRA master competitor.

Semper Fi.

Gunnery Sergeant
Clifford L. Hughes
USMC Retired

Last edited by Clifford L. Hughes; May 18, 2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: word choice

Page generated in 0.03377 seconds with 8 queries