View Single Post
Old June 18, 2000, 11:42 PM   #3
Big Bunny

Thanks Sensop for replying, but the marks are too shallow to be pressed out by the firing pressores I use, I feel. They are around 1/4"below the case mouth on one side on the 40S&W case, with 155gn SWCs and 6.7gn of W540.

I feel that they are caused by the mag spring "flip" ,as that is where I have had my 2 first(and last?) round reloading "jams" due to my not allowing the slide to go forward fast enough on a full 12 round magazine. The marks are identical and in the same place (but far worse in these cases), but I "cured" it by reducing OAL to 1.13" or I thought I had...I do remember a sight hesitation to load a few times. I fired 6 mags of 10 each and 2 with 5 each...perhaps the first two of each had the problem but not the rest?

Possibly if I smoothed out the mag followers(plastic) and gave them both a good clean(only 120 rounds fired so far, but W540 is a bit dirty)it could work. I have loaded 200 more as I thought I had the right formula

I now will have to think again.

------------------
A thought from 'Big Bunny'...."The sword does not kill, it is a tool in the hands of the killer".... Seneca 'the younger' (circa AD 35)

Page generated in 0.03522 seconds with 8 queries