View Single Post
Old May 16, 2013, 10:57 AM   #24
MLeake

I have had one item shipped to an old address in the last few years. When I was paying, online, PayPal overrode my input (I had not wished to pay via PayPal, as I mostly stopped using them a few years back). The site I was using apparently preferred PayPal; PayPal detected my email and credit card association, and somehow the system put in my old address even though I had typed my current address.

I didn't notice this had happened in the order confirmation email. I noticed it later, when the item had not arrived, and I contacted the seller for tracking info.

It had been delivered to my old address. Aaaargh!

Now, the seller felt bad about this. She offered to send me a new item, while she attempted to track down the one that was received at my former address. (S&W J frame grips; seller was Theresa, aka GripSeller on gunbroker; she is fantastic.)

I told her that I appreciated that, but the error was not her fault - I should have noticed the PayPal override on my address info. So, I paid her for another set of grips, and told her she could reimburse me for the first pair IF they came back to her.

She did eventually get them back. Next time I ordered from her, I ordered two pairs of Ahrends K frame grips, and she only charged me for one.

I think that problem was dealt with in a moral and ethical manner on both sides.

Hope that example helps.

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 8 queries