Thread: costs of skeet?
View Single Post
Old February 1, 2011, 11:39 AM   #21
BigJimP

I agree guys - there is a lot involved in having a good / well run club ....and the politics behind some of the poorly run ones gets pretty entertaining....

Most clubs in my area ( including the one I belong to ) / do very little long term planning - and really don't operate as a "business" vs just trying to be "a place for the members to hang out and shoot" ...and I think its too bad.

Most boards of directors - are in place in name only - and only a few of the more vocal members really run the operation - good or bad.

There is a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar - and if it gets too high - people quit showing up. But if the club doesn't create the environment - financially - and in other ways - quality, friendly, etc - where they can thrive - they'll dry up and blow away.

Watching the costs of everything - and setting your prices so the club has contingency funds - and pay for the maintenance, insurance, utilities, etc is a really big deal. Most boards of directors don't have the courage to run it like a business - and its too bad.

Page generated in 0.03716 seconds with 8 queries