View Single Post
Old June 21, 2012, 10:46 PM   #93
ScottieG59

Maybe everyone else has a large home in which you can rally the family to a defendable place. My doors in the front and the back of the house are very close to the hallway where our bedrooms are. I would have no time to rally or collect the kids during a break-in. At least, collecting all in a single room would be unlikely. I would have to defend the hallway leading to the bedrooms.

Realistically, the odds of a home invasion is very low and even lower when drugs are not involved. Still, a couple months ago, a neighbor of mine was shot to death by a home invader. So, the odds are low, but above zero.

I live in a rural area, though houses are visible to many neighbors. People have dogs that often remain outside at night and when one dog sounds off, the rest of the dogs in the area join them. Also, most people out here are armed.

At nighttime, I keep my Glock 20, a powerful flashlight with multiple settings, a charging mobile phone, a folding knife and electronic hearing protection the enhances non-gun sounds. When I am awake, I carry a Glock 27, flashlight, folding knife, and mobile phone.

Page generated in 0.02968 seconds with 8 queries