View Single Post
Old February 6, 2011, 03:44 PM   #19
buck460XVR

Quote:
Lots of unknowns here.

Exactly. That and we are hearing a 2nd hand story. Here is Wisconsin that would have been a $1800 fine, and confiscation of firearms used. The minor probably would not have been charged since in was in the company of a parent. The loss of hunting privileges would be decided later by a judge and firearms may or may not be returned. If not returned, the owners could buy them back at public auction. I don't believe Louisiana is that tough on deer poachers. Sometimes fines and other charges are made after an investigation. Could be the Warden was there looking for a bigger fish and deemed this violation did not mandate more of his time. Could be the warden believed the scare and the education he gave these folks was enough. Don't know, doubt any of us ever will. Don't mean we shouldn't continue to be law abiding and to report those who aren't.

Quote:
What bothers me the most about your story is that because of a disturbance the hunt was ruined.
When on public land or land opened to the public for whatever reason we need to accept that others will do things that we might not like but have to put up with and go on with our thing.
+1. Public land is just that. Public. Most of the time it is open to other activities besides the one we are participating in. Just cause it may interfere with us, does not make it wrong. I too hunt a lot of public land. Years ago, it used to pizz me off to no end when other folks showed up and did their thing, whether it was hunting or not. I soon realized that more times as not, they actually improved my odds because they moved game by me or made me move to areas less disturbed, where more game was available. Anytime you are on a piece of public land with easy access, you will have plenty of competition. This does not of course, endorse illegal activities, but in my experience, there is more enforcement on public land than there is on private.

Page generated in 0.03559 seconds with 8 queries