View Single Post
Old November 27, 2009, 01:24 AM   #9
Firepower!

Well the caution is been taken keeping in view Taliban insurgents and possible Pakistan-India war.

The house is being built on hig ground. I own quite few automatic firearms. Given a weeks time I can put together a force of 1000 people, but that is not the idea here. Here I want to focus on the best solution to repulse an attack by band of people who try to break through the gates.

In the design thus far, there is first a concrete barrier about 50 feet from the building (to stop a suicide attack). Then a fancy gate. Then the gate in question. Also, I have made the entrace of the gate as such that it is on the turn from the main road, thus slowing a vehicle to no more than 10-20 MPH at maximum. This is because the said turn is blinded by a mountain. The only possibility of ramming in to the main gate is that if the barrier is crossed and the vehile speeds up in the parkiing area (about 50-100) between the barrier and the main gate.

I know this gate will end up being very heavy so I am think it should be on rollers to slide open and close. The building is on 2 acres so its a huge house so to speak. Rest of the sides and walled with what we call plum concrete. It is mixture of concrete and stones.

Last edited by Firepower!; November 27, 2009 at 04:25 AM. Reason: add some more facts on gate location with reference to vehicle attempting to ram in to it.

Page generated in 0.03603 seconds with 8 queries