View Single Post
Old July 6, 2013, 10:15 AM   #11
Pahoo

Crazy things that we do !!

Lots of stuff here, to address. I have never done a Bear skull but have done Raccoon, Coyote and one Wolf. A fella I know, asked me to do a dog and I refused as I just can't see me doing this to someone's pet. ....

There are many bugs that will do the work for you and you can order them over the internet. I'm not familiar with dermistad beetles but instead, Scarab beetles. Find a nice shady spot in your back yard, dig about a 4" deep hole, lay the skull in the hole and cover with a tub or bucket. Let it sit and check occasionally.
I was waiting for you to mention the loose teeth. I use contact cement or rubber based cement to glue them back in. You really don't need epoxy.
On the lower Jaw, I position it in place mark the hinge location, drill a small hole in the upper and lower jaw, on both sides and string some heavy monofilament line into a loop and tie on the inside of the jaw. Man, I hope you can understand what I just wrote. ....

One Halloween I mounted a large Raccoon skull one the end or a stick and rigged a piece of monofilament line to the lower jaw. My Gunny Grandson went out and would make the skull talk. "Some" folks got a kick out of that..

Have Fun and;
Be Safe !!!

Page generated in 0.02692 seconds with 8 queries