View Single Post
Old September 16, 2011, 05:53 PM   #14
Alaska444

All right folks, here is a real life example of what folks in Idaho are confronted with. Apparently a man was killed today a couple hours north of my home in the same basic area as the Jeremy Hill incident. Details are lacking at this point.

Quote:
Hunter reported killed in grizzly bear attack Friday in North Idaho

The Boundary County Sheriff's Office is investigating a report that a hunter was killed by a grizzly bear in the Buckhorn Mountain area, near the Idaho/Montana border.
The attack was reported by cellphone at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, according to a news release from the sheriff's office.
The name of the man has not been released, pending notification of his family. No information was immediately available on where he is from, though sheriff's officials said he is not a resident of Boundary County.
Investigators had not yet reached the scene at 2 p.m. PT Friday, a Boundary County dispatcher said.
Sheriff's officials say the hunter's partner shot and killed the attacking grizzly bear.
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...n-grizzly.html

I am sorry, but all of you folks negative comments about this case truly anger me when hearing of the death of an Idaho hunter by a grizzly. These bears are big, dangerous and the Feds truly could care less that people are endangered by their reintroduction program. This is the reality of life in Idaho where our personal danger is enhanced by laws and regulations that place the bear at a higher importance than the men that live here.

One bit of information that folks may not be aware. Many of the bears relocated here to Idaho come from Yellowstone National Park and are their problem bears that they have removed due to adverse man-bear encounters. In such, the bears sent here may be some of the more aggressive grizzlies to start with.

Sorry to hear about this terrible outcome which was inevitable from the day the Feds forced these creatures on our population here. It is time to delist this bear and place common sense safeguards for the Idaho residents in place.

Page generated in 0.02843 seconds with 8 queries