View Single Post
Old August 20, 2009, 03:38 PM   #3
SeekHer

I don't understand your statement of weird Euro calibres and you turn around and want it in 9.3 and 6.5 which are great cartridges by the way but it makes more sense to get the R version of them as it's easier for the extractors to grab a rim...9.3x72R and 6.5x57R...

There is no scarcity or difference in reloading equipment, dies, reamers, etc. between Euro and American cartridges excluding some scarcity of, which relates to more expensive, brass...but you're not looking at shooting thousands of rounds through it so what if the brass is 50ยข more per unit...

Have you given then any thought to getting a drilling instead of a Cape...two shotgun or rifle over a rifle or shotgun...I have a 9.3 and 7.5 over 16 bore sitting next to the desk right now, even has claw mounts for a scope, that I just brought back in from checking zero and needs to be cleaned...I ask as there are thousands of three barrel jobs out there for every Cape gun and new ones are being made by the likes of Merkel, Sauer, Blaser, Krieghoff now...

The cheapest method I've encountered to make a Cape is just get a barrel insert from Briley or one of the Euro makers and just slip it into your SxS or O/U...get two and you've got a cheap double but be assured the won't be regulated to point of aim...

I collect Euro double guns as well as drillings and vierlings...I like Capes but love drillings, I care for doubles but am truly enamoured with vierlings BUT I am completely ga-ga over any continent's single shot rifles!

When the human race dies out, it will be because it was brainwashed to be so totally, completely, utterly safe that it no longer dared to keep on living

Page generated in 0.04050 seconds with 8 queries