Thread: Did I Do Right?
View Single Post
Old October 17, 2011, 09:12 PM   #41
Edward429451

Quote:
You can make the argument that the requirement to inform disappears when you enter your home but it's not because you're "not carrying" anymore.
In a practical sense, one would still be carrying, but in the more important legal sense one is not ccw in their home because it infers a legal state other than totally free in the privacy of my own home or dwelling.

It all depends on circumstances, but for the most part, whether you carry arms or not around your home is none of their business. We should be careful to not let the police in our homes at all, keeping in mind that their job is to spot violations of statute, and legally their eyes can not trespass so if you let them in...anything you say or they see can and will be used against you blah blah blah.

It's not being disrespectful to the Police to be mindful of their goals and authorities and politely declining to play volunteer my rights away and disarm in my own home to discuss a 5 yr olds fight? Give me a break.

On the street it's a different story and it pays to be cooperative, mostly. At home, it pays to say no to the Police.

Page generated in 0.02336 seconds with 8 queries