View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 04:54 AM   #7
NWPilgrim

I think it depends on how much ammo he wants to load. You have a fixed supply. 100 rds may be insignificant to you and you could charge him a lower price. 1,000 rds may get more serious. That is a lot of bullets and nearly 4 lbs of powder. Plus, you should charge him for the cases and give him a partial refund for returning used cases (which may or may not be the ones you gave him to load), or he can keep them to reload again.

If it was 100 rds so he could try out reloading I would sell the components to him at 30% of replacement cost, and he returns 95 cases at least. If it was 101- 500 rds then I would charge full replacement costs and have him buy some of your cases to use and re-use.

More than 500 rds and I would start escalating the cost for the risk factor of not knowing when you can resupply. Many sources are saying the supply pipeline for reloaders is back logged at least nine months. Manufacturers are diverting all components to loaded ammo, so until there is abundance of ammo on the shelf don't expect to see primers and powder much.

Even at full replacement costs mist of the stuff is not available. A

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries