View Single Post
Old May 28, 2009, 05:50 PM   #27
CaptainCrossman

Quote:
Captain, thanks for the effort and the very enligntening information but I'm not sure I understand what it means in terms of the BP guns available to us today -- secondary-market 2nd and 3rd Gens, and Italian replicas. Should I throw away my POS NIB 3rd Gens I recently bought? And all my Uberti's? I love them all, regardless of where the parts came from.

This info is only to help the OP, and get the information out there- you do as you please, or what suits your tastes and budget.

I'm selling off my Colt open top Italian replicas, with cast frames. The 1860 Army is already sold, the Walker goes tomorrow. No more for me. I'll keep the 1851, 'cuz my dad bought it for me, he passed away in 1998. I'd like to get a Colt 1st Gen or 2nd Gen gun- and preferably a 1st Gen. I'd avoid the 3rd Gen., the experts spoke somewhat spotty about them. I'll keep my 2 Remington imports, because they are topstrap designs and strong guns, and have proven it with full chambers fired repeatedly, one has lasted 22 years. If I buy any more Italian open top Colt patterns, they will be the forged frame Ubertis. I believe Uberti went to the forged frame, to give the market a shot in the arm. There was definitely a quality issue, that needed to be addressed.

Page generated in 0.03626 seconds with 8 queries