View Single Post
Old August 16, 2000, 02:03 PM   #12
Paul B.

Bottom Gun. I don't think the height of the bullet matters much as long as it falls within the parameters of the chronograph. If there was a difference, it would not be sufficient to alter the average velocity anyway. We're probably talking plus or minus 5 to 10 FPS, maybe even less. I've never given it much thought, to be perfectly frank with you. Frankly, I try to keep the bullets going on the higher side of the limits. So if 4 to 8 inches are the parameters, I try to keep them at 8 inches, or close to it.
I've murdered two chronographs already. Well one anyway. The Chrony can be repaired. A .44 Mag put the quietus to my Oehler and a .44 Spl seriously wounded my Shooting Chrony. I don't care how careful you are, it can always happen. The Oehler probably had well over 5,000 rounds of test ammo of all sorts over it, and the chrony just about the same. I guess, for me anyway, a new chronograph every 5 or 6 years is about par for the course. Mine did get used a lot, sometimes two or three times a week.
Stuff happens, no matter how careful you are.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 8 queries