View Single Post
Old October 7, 2012, 05:34 PM   #1
vito

Strike Hold for cleaning and lubricating guns

I watched a video on YouTube dealing with the take down and cleaning of a gun I just bought. In the video Strike Hold is used as an all purpose cleaner and lubricant and was highly recommended by the individual who did the video. I've read a few reviews on Amazon.com that seem positive but wondered if anyone on this forum has personal experience with it. The idea of using one easy spray bottle on each part of the gun, letting it sit a few minutes then wiping it off, and not needing to then oil the rails or other parts of the gun seems almost too easy to be true (I've had a tendency in the past to end up using too much oil, which seems to then attract grit and dust). So, have you used it and what did you think about it? I've just ordered an 8oz bottle from the manufacturer for $9.95, but an additional $6.50 handling and postage. I've give my own review after I've had the chance to use it a few times. And as much as I love the smell of Hoppes #9, it drives my wife crazy so I won't mind if I don't need to use the Hoppes anymore.

Page generated in 0.02246 seconds with 8 queries