View Single Post
Old March 5, 2012, 01:04 PM   #41
dickttx

One of the forums recently had a poll on die brands. Lee had more than 50% of the total votes, out of seven or eight brands. Not very scientific, but pretty indicative of peoples results with them.
And, as previously stated, most of the bashers have never used the equipment they are bashing.
Actually I have only ever had two pieces of reloading equipment that did not work correctly, a case trimming tool (lathe type) and a die type collet bullet puller.
In my job, and in reloading, I always figured that if it did not work right then I was doing something wrong. And that always proved to be the case, except with the bullet puller.
In reloading I am not concerned with a lot of measurements of cases, bullets, primers, etc., I just want them to feed and fire. And with my Lee equipment they always do.
In my other life as a reloader, more than 40 years ago, I had very good, very expensive equipment that worked very well. At that time Lee only made the $9.95 loader and a few gadgets. When I got back into it a couple of years ago I only wanted to load for handguns and needed a little faster equipment. After reading the VERY POSITIVE posts about the Lee equipment I bought the LCT press and accessories and a 4 die set of Lee dies. I soon replaced all my RCBS and Lyman dies with the Lee 4 die sets. Not because they didn't work, but because the Lee dies work better with the LCT. Can't say I have a single complaint about the equipment if I do my part. And I am very glad to pay substantially less than for most other similar equipment.

Page generated in 0.02745 seconds with 8 queries