View Single Post
Old December 1, 2010, 11:01 PM   #7
MD Redneck

I noticed an accuracy drop in my Stevens that I use for dropping tree rats and other critters in the back yard, but I also have only shot Aquila Colibri's through it, they dont have powder, just that strange Eley primer mixture to push the bullet about 325 fps out the end of the barrel, and I am thinking that due to the low speed of the bullet I was getting more lead fouling, after about 500 rounds and noticing I was no longer dropping the tree rats I decided to just run the bore brush through and noticed a decent amount of lead dust? when I pulled the brush through............ after about 5 times no more dust appeared and I decided to try it out again, and now it back to putting 12 rounds in the same hole @ 35 yds, pretty good standing with no rest and iron sights.

My 597 however is a pain to disassemble for complete cleaning but as it is an autoloader is a lil bit more picky when it comes to how often it needs to be cleaned, it is also kinda snobbish about ammo after a few hundred rounds as well, the only time I cleaned the barrel on it was after I started getting casings that would not eject after firing.

Page generated in 0.02318 seconds with 8 queries