View Single Post
Old December 20, 2000, 11:11 AM   #3
Casey

If you are loading target type loads (I assume that means you are loading to 700 to 900 fps; somewhere in that area) why would you need stronger brass?

I have regular .45 ACP brass, of different manufacturers (Winchester, Federal and others) that I have loaded so many times in the last year that the logo can't be read. Normal brass for .45 ACP, loaded to target velocities, will last a very long time.

I load on a Dillon SDB, and am getting to the point that I wonder if I will wear the primer pocket out before the brass is acctually unusable.

Just my findings. I guess if you can get the .45 Super brass for the right price, why wouldn't you use it? The only negative other than the volume being smaller (which probably wouldn't matter much at target load velocities) would be the fact that you would have to be careful about picking up your brass at the range and not accidently slipping in normal .45 ACP brass.

Casey

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
Abraham Lincoln

Page generated in 0.02288 seconds with 8 queries