View Single Post
Old December 1, 2009, 05:38 PM   #3
azredhawk44

Welcome to our little corner of the innernetz, and thank you for your service! And continued service in your new career.

As a southpaw, I gotta say that there is an constant fixation on getting everything in life to comply with lefty-ism (not politically... just dextrously).

All sorts of lefty-market items are out there for all sorts of different hobbies.

And... guns are no exception.

Charter Arms even makes a lefty-friendly revolver with the cylinder reversed to open to the right.

But, as I shoot more and get more experience, I learn that MOST (not all) products are just fine for us southpaws.

Specifically with shotguns... I'm not a big shotgunner. I like rifles, and I like precision, and I don't seem to experience that with shotguns... so I don't own any... but I've shot a few. I've never noticed any problems operating a shotgun as a lefty. I could load, pump, shoot, sight, and safe the firearm just fine.

It just takes familiarity, and getting over the whole "I'm a lefty so it has to be made different for me" syndrome.

Page generated in 0.02284 seconds with 8 queries