View Single Post
Old February 17, 2002, 01:15 AM   #5
Nuts and Bolts

squibs

Check out the string i started on that subject in this area a while ago. I got lots of great advice.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...threadid=95518
I just got back from firing some of those loads at the farm off my portable picnic table using a harris bipod, at 50 yards:

1)In my 30/06 i shot some .320 buck shot loaded over 3.0 to 5.0 gr of red dot, using a cotton filler. Unfortunately, I had a hard time keeping the balls on a 8.5x11 hornady target. I don't know if i was shooting too far or need to adjust my loads. I'll just have to keep playing with it

2)I also shot my mauser actioned .257 roberts imp with some light loads today. I used 85 gr hornady and 120gr remington corelocks over 10 to 13 grains of red dot using 2 gr of cotton filler. These loads shot at 1" to 1.5" at 50 yards, all hit the same spot, and i could use lower post on the duplex reticle as my aiming point perfectly. The rifle seemed to prefer the hornadys. If i play with the load a little, and improve my rusty shooting, maybe i'll get her shooting at 1 to 1.5" at 100 yards!

I'm still waiting for my moulds and other equipment for the 30/06 and 303 to show up, so I'll have to report on that stuff later. As well, this month's Rifle Shooter magazine has an article on loading light. Good Luck, Have Fun!

Last edited by Nuts and Bolts; February 17, 2002 at 01:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.02931 seconds with 8 queries