View Single Post
Old November 11, 2013, 08:45 AM   #1
steveNChunter

Barnes Spit-Fire TMZ bullets

I use these bullets in my T/C Impact .50, I use the 250 gr. version of the bullet loaded over 100 volumetric grains (70 gr. if weighing on a scale, which is what I do) of Blackhorn 209. This load shoots MOA at 100 yards.

I've taken three deer with them this year, the first two were perfect broadside shots at 75 yards, the deer didn't take a step and were dead before they hit the ground.

The third was yesterday morning, I shot a 140 lb. doe that was about 60 yards away in some brush, quartering towards me. It ran 15 yards and then tumbled down a bank about another 20 yards before coming to rest against a tree. It left a massive blood trail the whole way. I walked down to her and noticed the shoulder where the bullet entered was just held on by the hide. I rolled her over to find that there was no exit wound. I field dressed her and saw that the bullet passed directly through the heart and then passed through the ribcage at about the second-to-last rib. I poked my finger in the hole and found my bullet between the ribs and the hide. I'm posting these pics for anyone who might be considering using them, and is wondering how they perform. I know I'll keep using them for sure. I don't have any affiliation with Barnes whatsoever, just a happy user of their product

Page generated in 0.04702 seconds with 8 queries