View Single Post
Old July 23, 2013, 04:18 PM   #8
Deaf Smith

Quote:
However, one of the rounds that has been harder and pricier to find is the .380, so I haven't trained on my LCP in a while. So last week I saddled up, grabbed the two boxes of 50 rounds of Winchester White Box that Wally World happened to have, and headed off to the range.
And that is why I reload! I have a Lee 3 hole Turret press with .380, 9mm, .40 &W/10mm,.38 Spl., .357 magnum, .44 Magnum, .45 ACP, AND M1 carbine turrets!

And yes, plenty of primers, power (I use Unique for all but the M1 Carbine, by the 8 lb canister.) And quite a few .380 95 gr FMJ, as well as 125 gr FMJ 9mm, .40, .44, 45, .308 110 gr, and 158gr LSWC!

And practice? I have dummy all metal guns that are the same as my S&W J .38s and Glock sub-compacts (carry guns!) .22 units, and even practice Glock 26 and J 642. I shoot weekly.

Expensive? Not if acquired over time.

See I feel self defense is an avocation, not a hobby or one time thing. I still train in H2H as well. It's not a hobby like golf or hunting or tennis.

I feel this what everyone should do if they can. It just takes some planning ahead to gather the needed supplies BEFORE any shortage.

And then join a IDPA club and test your skills once in a while.

Deaf

Page generated in 0.02291 seconds with 8 queries