View Single Post
Old August 21, 2008, 01:21 AM   #1
J270

Convince me to eat some Jack Rabbit (are they anny good)

Now that my deer season is over I started to do some rabbit hunting.
I shot my first rabbit (ever) last night about dusk. I brought her home to skin htheer out.

My wife loves the fact that I'm getting into rabbit hunting because she has our dogs on a raw diet. When I showed her the rabbit she was very happy, I guess that rabbit is not cheap to buy and its a protein that our dogs have not had.

We are both standing on the deck looking at this thing and she said, "Well get started..." I told her that this was the first rabbit that I have ever shot and wasn't to sure how to exactly go about it.

5 min later my wife had the rabbit skinned out, that's a biology teacher for you. She made me look bad so I had to gut it to get some manhood back.

I went out this morning and was abble to get one more. Theise little buggers are kind of chalanging with a .22 single shot, but a real kick in the pants.

After skining theis babys out I was Impresed with the way the meat looked.
Instead of quartering and puting in the frezer for the Labs I going to leave it hole until I decide if and how I can eat it.(T-Bone does not like this idea)

So if some one can tell me if their worth eatin I would love to know, because Saturday morning me and the Montgomory Ward Thumper Buster are going to ride agin

Page generated in 0.03728 seconds with 8 queries