View Single Post
Old April 17, 2006, 09:35 AM   #25
riverrat66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Malloy
Try as I might, I can't think of a single incident where shooting somebody in the head would not be preferale to laying down a volley of fire to make him keep his head down.
Well who wouldn't take the head shot if it presented itself but the guy was BEHIND the wall. So Hal just gave you one very good reason for "laying down a volley of fire".

While I agreed with everyone else that suppressive fire had no place in civilian self defense, Hal8000 has shown us that under certain circumstances suppressive fire can be a useful defensive tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Malloy
All those extra rounds downrange are just a potential civil liability lawsuit waiting to bankrupt you too.
Once again it's called "situational awareness". Hal was aware of his surroundings and took advantage of that. Hopefully he would not have fired seven rounds as "suppressive fire" in a public place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal8000
Besides that, legal crap is the LEAST of things on your mind when your being attacked! The name of the game is SURVIVAL!
Especially when you're being fired upon in you're own home! I think under the circumstances Hal did exactly what he needed to do. It's just too bad he didn't kill the SOB right there on the spot!

Page generated in 0.02886 seconds with 8 queries