View Single Post
Old March 28, 2013, 04:47 PM   #5
WVsig

Quote:
Looks OK. You may have over done it a bit, but that certainly won't hurt anything.

I always have (and always will) apply a bit of grease to the rails on my pistols, just as a matter of principle (if nothing else). Can't hurt (unless you take the gun out into 50 below temps)....and lubrication always serves to reduce wear. So, why not ?

I don't even bother with special "gun greases" any more, as well. I settled on a high temp all-purpose auto grease (though not thick, gooey, dark colored, wheel bearing grease). Rather, a relatively thin, reddish translucent type which seems to work very well - stays put and never gets "gummy".

Just wipe off (the old) and reapply when you clean the gun.

The bottom line is: go ahead and use the grease, though sparingly (a little is all that's needed). It may not really be absolutely necessary, but it can't hurt and certainly will reduce wear.
Sorry but this post contains some bad advice when it comes to Sigs. Sigs like to be run wet. A little grease will not properly protect the alum frame rails from the hard nitron finish and the stainless steel slide.

It is ok to use high temp auto grease but a little will not properly protect a Sig IMHO. Take a look at this link it was written by Flork who works at Apex Tactical and used to be Bruce Grays right hand man. He and Bruce know how to take care of a Sig and this is what both of them recommend. YMMV

http://www.apextactical.com/blog/ind...-pistol-rails/

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 8 queries