View Single Post
Old February 2, 2009, 02:44 PM   #16
Vergeltung

yeah, I shoot tons of the corrosive stuff, and it's not a problem, just make sure to clean well right after range time. the new ammo, Prvi Partizan, Remminton, Sellier & Bellot, are all non-corrosive. which is good. it's just really expensive compared to the MilSurp stuff you can get.

I save the new stuff for the hunting trips I have planned for the future.

Oh, one tip from me; make sure to but a nice copper solvent as well, to go along with the goodies in whatever cleaning kit you buy. I thought I had a clean bore until I treated it with that stuff (as per the directions on the bottle; Hoppe's is the one I bought).

Also, most of the cleaning kits you buy have cleaning rods in 3 pieces. I bought a nice (kind of expensive) one piece one from CheaperThanDirt. it won't bend or flex, and it spins nicely as it travels the bore with the cleaing swatches. oh, also, make sure to get the cotton cleaning swatches, not the synthetic ones. they do a nicer job.

no one told me this stuff, I just kind of discovered it as I went along. you'll make your own discoveries as well, I am sure. I had some similar questions as you, and I think my thread was entitled "Linseed Oil for my Mauser furniture?"

Last edited by Vergeltung; February 2, 2009 at 02:45 PM. Reason: schpellink

Page generated in 0.02461 seconds with 8 queries