View Single Post
Old August 23, 2006, 08:59 PM   #11
duck911

Quick update to this post...

Still no answer back from the DOW on carrying a gun that does not meet the minimum FT-LB requirements while hunting, HOWEVER, I did find this....

I was under the assumption (and it looks like JD 500 was too) that I could not conceal carry while hunting WITHOUT a CCW.

That is incorrect...

According to the Colorado Revised Statute 18-12-204. Permit Contents - Validity - Carrying Requirements:

3) (a) a person who may lawfully possess a handgun may carry a handgun under the following circumstances without obtaining a permit and the handgun shall not be considered concealed:
(I) the handgun is in the possession of a person who is in a private automobile or in some other private means of conveyance and who carries the handgun for a legal use, including self-defense; or

(II) the handgun is in the possession of a person who is legally engaged in hunting activities within the state.

So I can carry a handgun in my backpack or under my jacket while hunting legally. I already knew I could carry concealed in my truck. Nice part is, based on 3(a) above, carrying in a vehicle or while hunting does not constitute "concealed carry" by law, so I am under no obligation to alert a law enforcement officer I am packing if stopped.

Page generated in 0.03492 seconds with 8 queries