View Single Post
Old January 3, 2016, 02:13 PM   #25
rtpzwms

44 AMP
Quote:
The SA gun is lighter, and so, will have heavier recoil, BUT, more importantly the grip shape means it will feel different. For some, the SA grip shape means the recoil feels worse, for others, the DA grip shape means the recoil feels worse. Very much a matter of personal preference.

For me, the DA shape feels worse with heavy loads. While I don't have a Redhawk, I do have a S&W M29, and a Ruger Super Blackhawk. I also have a T/C Contender .44Mag barrel, and I have a Desert Eagle in .44 Magnum.
Both true. I've shot many Ruger Super Blackhawks and Redhawks over the years and I just don't like the feel of the recoil of either. Both seem sharp to me and not pleasant to shoot for an extended period of time. For me the best feeling from a grip and a recoil perspective was a Dan Wesson 44 I have both the V and the VH barrels. It weighs in about 4lbs depending on barrel choice. But the 44 with an 8" scoped barrel is very noise heavy but recoils like a 9mm and is usable to 100+ yards without too much effort. I too have a T/C with a 44 barrel. 10 inches and all I can say is ouch. don't get me wrong it is very accurate but on the painful side.

Page generated in 0.03641 seconds with 8 queries