View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 06:36 PM   #16
nate45

Danger: Slippery Slopes Really Are Slippery

Don't anyone abandon ship, or talk of giving any ground. Gun show loopholes and ARs had nothing to do with the recent tragedy.

I heard someone suggest that the weapons and ammo capacity they carried in WWII were sufficient, can't remember where I read it, but it was some elected official. Another person on TV today spoke of the idea of going back a generation in technology.

These suggestions are not useful, for a myriad of reasons, but lets just imagine we acquiesced and gave up magazine capacity of over 10 rounds.

Below is my .308 M1 Garand and a 1911a1. The ammo can reads that it once contained 200 rounds of 7.62, well in 8 round enbloc clips, it holds exactly 240 rounds of .308. I realize the only Garand many people have ever fired was while playing call of duty. Trust me you can fire those eight rounds lightning quick IRL too. If one practices, inserting a fresh clip can happen in 2 seconds easy.

Now then, imagine another little loon shoots up something, because mommy didn't buy him a new iPad, or whatever. Only he uses Grandpa's SKS, Garand, 1911, whatever. Now we need to get rid of the baby killing relics of WWII, that only psycho killers want to own. Believe me if you never beilieved anyone on the net before, the people behind this latest anti-gun charge want ALL the guns. When skeet guns and .22s are all thats left and a loon misuses one, they'll call for them to be banned too.

AR15s and 30 round magazines aren't the problem, semi-auto pistols with high cap magazines aren't the problem. We've gone over it a thousand times. Nearly all TFL members would give up all their guns if a child would never, ever, get hurt again. Thats fantasy land though, lets don't let the blame the gun crowds fantasy, strip us of any of our weapons we have now.

Sorry for the bad pic, my only camera right now is cell phone.

Page generated in 0.03403 seconds with 8 queries