View Single Post
Old September 22, 2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Sing141

Colt Python Wyoming Game Wardens' Association

In 1973 I started working for the Wyoming Game and Fish Department as a Game Warden (retired in 2003). At that time one of the game wardens had a friend at Colt and they were able to get Colt to sell the association about 75 Colt Pythons. Each Python had an engraved Wyoming Game and Fish Department shield (copy of patch worn on uniforms) on one side and an engraved Game Warden badge on the other and the number on each badge was different. i.e. 1, 2,3 etc. The grips were modified because the usual Python walnut grips would have covered up part of the engraving. The engraving and the grip modifications were done by Colt. They weren't purchased from Colt and then sent to someone for engraving and grip modifications. Each of the game wardens at that time was able to purchase one of these revolvers.

I still have mine, unfired, in the box. Is there any way to find out more information about these Pythons? Was this something Colt did very often? I've searched the internet and can't come up with anything about these or similar limited run firearms Colt might have done for law enforcement organizations.

Page generated in 0.02732 seconds with 8 queries