View Single Post
Old June 17, 2011, 05:00 PM   #5
B-RAD

@CherokeeT: Everyone tells me the AR is at it's peak, and they actually can't believe the groups I'm getting, that said I just bought a LimbSaver barrel de-resinator for the AR as I've always used one on my Cooper, I'm also looking at getting the barrel crowned, and I just bought a new tubbs flatwire spring, haven't tried it out yet tho. I also think my test loads I have on that pdf for the AR - I think those will get me where I'm going

@TATER: was a typo - it's fixed. Good catch!

Quote:
Need to know a little more, What brass are you using? Remington - I do have lake City but haven't used it for tests What does the brass look like?Freshly Prepped brass or once fired, depends, but I always keep the same fired brass with each 5 lot group I use for testing
I would ditch those primers and use CCI primers.I have some cci mags, I planned on testing with all the same primers and brass, then once I find a load I just can't beat with a new set of test loads, I then will play with brass and primers. (personal preference)
You may not get there using the magazine as you will need to start playing with the seating
as you tune the load.. as my cooper is seated waaay out, I'm use to playing with seating depth, but yeah I'm limited to the magazine in the AR, I may end up screwing around with manual loading once I find a good load, just to say that my gun as gotten a ___ fill in the blank group.Move the load in smaller moves as .5 is too much, it sounds like you are
Almost there. Try .2 up and .2 down from 23.0 grains and see if it moves. Ok, I wasn't sure how much .2 would change things, I may go back and make some more test loads for the Cooper, even tho I doubt I can beat that load, it just seems to perfect.

Also Varget has never done very good in either of my guns, I've never shot groups with it really, only prairie dogs.

Thank you everyone!

Page generated in 0.03799 seconds with 8 queries