View Single Post
Old May 9, 2000, 11:45 AM   #27
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

at 30 feet breath mints are lethal fired out of a 12 gauge. At 100 feet its difficult to determine if a person is a threat, at 21 feet a knife is as dangerous as a gun.
A rifle (not a specialized room clearing mp5 or sbr) is meant for long range precision shots. A shotgun is designed for 'close up" and personal.. a handgun is a compromise because your shotgun doesn't conceal easily. I'd NEVER pick a rifle over a shotgun inside my home, unless my shotgun was broken.

If you know your pattern.. and know the ranges (like inside your house) there is a VERY good chance your target would get hit by the shot "en-mass" before it has a chance to spread. Even #9 will act like a slug if its within 10 feet. This is what makes shotguns so lethal. They make BIG holes, or a LOT of holes.

The are also FAR more PC than the average "sport utility rifle" and cost less to replace if your gun is confiscated by the PD. Frangible shells? tracers? AP bullets? Forget all that. You dropped a bad guy with your bird gun full of bird shot, or your deer gun full of buckshot. Simple. Forget tac-slings, side saddles, heat shields and bayonet lugs.. spend your money on shells and learning how to shoot.

My 2ยข

Dr.Rob

Page generated in 0.02811 seconds with 8 queries