View Single Post
Old June 18, 2014, 10:04 AM   #36
Nick_C_S

Previously, I was using the Chicago Electric rock tumbler from Harbor Freight. It has a 1Lb payload capacity - right around 100 38-Special rounds (90+% of what I shoot). Keep in mind, I purchased it because I wanted to see for myself what all the hub-bub was about wet tumbling w/ss pins, without a large investment. So it was never intended to be the end game with me and tumbling.

This Frankford Arsenal unit can handle at least 5Lbs. I'm pretty sure it could handle double what I put in it yesterday (208 38's; and some 50-ish 9mm). With the Chicago Electric unit, I would have had to have done yesterday's payload in three batches.

Even in the summer shooting season, I figure I'll only need to run this Frankford unit every 3 weeks or so.

And I love the timer. The timer and this post is what made my decision over other units I've seen out there (re: STM units). So thank you for that mnoirot64. TFL comes through again.

Page generated in 0.02502 seconds with 8 queries