View Single Post
Old March 22, 2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Fusion

Millet Angle Loc Rings

I got a set of these with a scope I purchased. They seem like a horrible idea and it seems like it would be incredibly difficult to get them perfectly aligned. The only thing I can think of is to tighten one side of the ring all the way before sticking it on the base and then tighten the other side as needed. Is that the best way to do this? For those who have used these what did you think?

Now my real question. One of the screws that tighten the ring to the base has a stripped head. I called Bushnell expecting them to send me a replacement as Burris has done so in the past as have a couple of other companies. Instead, Bushnell wants to charge me $3 for the screw and $2 for shipping. She told me it would be a total of $5. I realize these rings are $20-25 new, but honestly is it worth dumping $5 into them to keep as spares or should I just toss them in the trash? I normally keep a set of Burris rings on hand for spares, but I used that set mounting this scope, so I'd like to have a spare set of rings on hand, but I'm not sure that I want these.

Page generated in 0.03265 seconds with 8 queries