View Single Post
Old February 22, 2006, 09:22 PM   #15
OneInTheChamber

Joab:

Quote:
Outsiders and fence sitters will most certainly form opinions about gun owners in general based on post form and content observed on this board
--- Taken from the sticky "raising the bar at TFL...

Quote:
TFL Members are ambassadors to the world for firearm owners. What kind of ambassador does your post make you?
--- taken from Capt. Charlie's (moderator) signature.

the $gAnGsTA(_;_)wOrLd$ thing portrays an image. What kind of an image to you think a "gangsta" is? TFL portrays an image to all people who read its topics, which includes non gun owners who will form opinions based on what they read. You wouldn't want them to associate all gun owners with gangs would you?

I have no problem with the freedom of speech. But we are fighting a battle to keep the 2nd ammendment alive, so we should watch what we say when using our 1st ammendment rights.

I'm not attacking the original poster; I'm commenting on the tendency of posts to slip towards the area that anti-gun people could read and form opinions on. Those opinions will affect how they vote. How they vote could determine whether or not the 2nd ammendment will hold any weight in the future. We have to "prove" to the United States in general that firearms are a good thing. Every little bit counts, as Capt. Charlie's signature states.

DerDer, I'm not attacking you, and I hope you didn't interpret it the same way Joab did. I understand many people have some sort of thing for the "gangsta" thing. I personally don't want anything to do with it; but I understand that thing does not make a person a gang banger.

Page generated in 0.02514 seconds with 8 queries