View Single Post
Old April 22, 2011, 03:45 PM   #16
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Quote:
I got it!
KM - I won the auction ! I'll pay all told (with shipping and transfer fee) Just under $265, which I don't think is too bad, considering a new Vaquero is going for $100 more (plus tax) around here. I'll let you know how it turns out once I get it.

Doug444
Good for you, I have it in .357 mag and it's right around 50 years old. A lot of bluing gone but it still shoots well and is as accurate as my Dan Wesson. I think you will like it but you might want to ease up a little on full loads. It's a handful to hang onto with giddy up and go loads speaking from personal experience. I keep boss loads for serious but shoot most of the time with specials or down loaded magnums with no loss of accuracy. I'm thinking you will find the same thing with your 44. Literally the only thing I don't like about is that skinny little trigger but once I start shooting I forget all about it. It only seems to bug me for the first shot.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03828 seconds with 8 queries