View Single Post
Old November 22, 2011, 06:14 PM   #33
BigJimP

My 12ga Benelli Super Sport - will not cycle 7/8 loads reliably at 1200 fps either....but it will handle 1oz loads at 1225 fps 100% of the time.

My 1oz reloads at 1225 fps - are at $ 3.90 for a box of 25 ...and I'm reloading a premium shell - that is way better than any of the promo stuff. Time isn't a factor for me - reloading -- my press will easily put out 20 boxes of shotshells in an hour ( 500 shells ) .../ when my 20yr old grandson and his fraternity buddies come over ( they want to load some shells for themselves to go with me to shoot Skeet or Sporting / it only takes them an hour to load about 250 shells ..being very careful ) / so a good press will take no time at all to crank out some very good shells.

But I'd reload even if the cost savings was a wash ....its part of the hobby / part of the fun ...I like reloading / I like customizing my shells to suit my needs ...on shotshells and on metallic for any number of calibers on my handguns. I understand if you have a lot of demands on your time / or don't have a place to set up an array of reloaders ...it might take more time / but I'd recommend it ( I learned how to reload from my grandpa when I was about 10yrs old to reload shotshells and metallic ...and I've been priveledged to pass it down to my adult kids and some of the older grandkids ).... its fun / and satisfying.

Page generated in 0.02213 seconds with 8 queries