View Single Post
Old December 4, 2000, 02:29 PM   #4
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

I have not used the Nosler Ballistic Tip or the Partition in the .308 but have used both in my 7MM Rem. Mag. Both perform great. The Ballistic Tip has more explosive expansion at close ranges, however it still exits. On some shots there are several exit holes meaning that the bullet is in several pieces. The Partition just flat out shoots. I shot a 5 point whitetail that weighed about 180 pounds live weight with one. He was standing on a hillside at about 50 yards looking down at me when I shot. The bullet entered the chest in the front and exited under the base of the tail! He dropped right in his tracks. I was lucky that the angle took it high in the chest and abdominal cavities and the dressing was not messy . In the 30-06 that 165 Sierra Soft Point works OK too. I shot an 8 point (235 pounds live weight) a few years back, and the performance was fine. It was a side shot (30 yards) with the bullet entering just behind the left front shoulder and exiting in the same place on the opposite side. The bullet did shed its jacket and the jacket was caught in the hide in the exit wound. He ran about 25 to 30 yards before he "bled out". The 165 Game King is good. The Nosler Partition, to me is worth every cent of the extra cost!

Page generated in 0.02746 seconds with 8 queries