View Single Post
Old February 24, 2010, 03:21 PM   #31
LateNightFlight

Quote:
I personally think that a pitbull is as good if not better of a choice for a waterfowl dog than any of the dogs we have been discussing in this thread.
Just when you think you’ve seen or heard it all.

Bwaaaa-hahahahaha! Surrender your credibility much?

Quote:
Pitbulls are also very good with children.
Fact: Pit bull type dogs kill more children than all other breeds combined. Here’s a couple of fresh headlines: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 – that’s today, BTW – ‘5-Day Old Infant Killed by Family Pit Bull.’ Sunday, February 21, 2010 – 3 days ago - 3-Year Old Mauled to Death by Pit Bull Type Dog in Ocala. This child fatality was at a breeder’s home whose web site says, “We are working toward a personal goal in our breeding program where the emphasis is on a temperament that is above all, people and CHILD FRIENDLY." (Oh, the irony! Epic FAIL!) They were actually American Bulldogs, but these share the pit classification. 02/20/10 – 4 days ago - This is one of my favorites because the owner is a breed advocate, and anti-BSL (breed specific legislation) activist whose myspace pages feature her “sweet” pit bulls. “Mine will only lick you to death.” The headline her dogs generated: 37-Year Old Philadelphia Woman Killed by Mother's Pit Bulls.

Or you might live in one of roughly 500 communities that has banned or restricts pit bulls. Or you might have to hunt all over just to find an insurance carrier that will allow a pit bull on your home owner’s policy. And if you’re a new LE recruit, there’s a chance you’ll be informed in academy that you have roughly an equal chance of shooting a berzerking pit bull as you will a felon in the course of your career – your department may even have specific policies and protocols for containment and dispatch. I think it was Lincoln, NE, whose fire department even gave their companies special training and put catch poles on their rigs to deal with pit bulls. Their first time out, they killed the damn thing - choked it to death. (Gotta love it!)

Now, there’s even a website dedicated to the victims of pit bulls. Check out Dogsbite.org, then show me the web site for victims of labs, chessies, goldens, shorthairs, brits, spaniels, etc., etc.

Oh well… gotta love public boards. Somebody looking for suggestions for a waterfowl dog and somebody says, “Pit bull.”

LMAO!

Page generated in 0.02741 seconds with 8 queries