View Single Post
Old April 23, 2010, 09:13 PM   #16
James K
Member In Memoriam

I am not sure this has a bearing, but the question of rim diameter does arise. Not all old cartridges are made today to the same dimensions as they were made in the old days before SAAMI standardization. It might be simply a matter of changing cartridge/case brands.

The point about the ejectors occurred to me when I saw the distance the front of the ejector protrudes on the inside. I know the gun is an antique, but I would see no problem in smoothing up the ejector or even removing a little metal to allow the gun to work like it should. It is also probable or at least possible that the gun was not made that way and that wear on the front of the ejector is allowing it to go further in than it did when it was new. If that is the case, another idea might be to put a drop of something like JB Weld on the ejector and trim it down to fit properly.

Edited to add: I took another look at the picture of the left ejector and that is awful machine work, not at all characteristic of Colt. I wonder if those ejectors might have been after market or surplus parts that were never properly finished.

Jim

Last edited by James K; April 23, 2010 at 09:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.02858 seconds with 8 queries