View Single Post
Old January 30, 2014, 09:51 PM   #19
jason_iowa

That is not what i said at all. They are not required to fear for their life to use lethal force.

Sure they have to follow rules of engagement but if you were involved in combat as you say you were you know darn well that fearing for your life was not required to use lethal force.

Police and police departments should be sued for wrongful death when they are in the wrong. We all have seen plenty of bad shoots from irresponsible LE officers.

An LE officer can use lethal force on a fleeing felon that is considered a danger to the community with out fear for his own life. A civilian may not. No one can honestly argue that lethal force used in combat or law enforcement is the same as a self defense shooting. Its an absurd argument to say that because they were afraid that some how becomes a legal requirement and anyone not afraid is guilty of a war crime.

Getting shot at is scary no argument here. I wake up plenty screaming dreaming about it 15 years later.

Some people are of the opinion that sights are useful at defensive ranges. I am not of that opinion and like i have said in my close combat experience sights were not useful. If you don't care for that opinion that's fine. You are free to have your opinion as well. I'm of the opinion that lasers on a defensive weapon are a crutch for the ill-prepared and a liability. You do not have to share in that opinion.

Page generated in 0.03323 seconds with 8 queries