View Single Post
Old July 31, 2000, 10:16 PM   #6
Robe

The M1 is inertia operated and not gas operated like an 11-87. There is a spring in the M1 receiver that can be changed out to a lighter weight spring for shooting lighter loads. The M1 needs the heavy hitting shells to properly cycle. The LaFrance system is supposed to work with both light and heavy loads. The Hogue recoil reducing stock will not work on a M1. GGG needs your whole gun to do their mods. They take your thin walled original barrel and remove the tube portion and install a new tube onto the barrel fitting that has thicker walls and can be modified. Then GGG sends your new thicker walled barrel to Vang to be modified. GGG receives your modified barrel back and puts it on your M1 receiver and must then modify your recoil system to cycle properly by playing with different recoil spring weights. I have not done this, but would like to do it. Vang did an outstanding job to my 870. I understand it takes guite a long time to have it done. I imagine this setup would work best if GGG knew a certain type of ammo you used and could set up the gun for this. The inertia operated M1 can be ammo sensitive.
To answer your question about reduced recoil, Wolff sells replacement recoil springs for the M1. You could pick a certain type of reduced load shell and then set up your M1 to shoot that type of round.
What does this have to do with LaFrance? Nothing. This is where the post semed to be heading. I have looked at the LaFrance website and am trying to get a LEO/Benelli dealer to contact them about price on their system. I will post any info I get.Sorry for the rambling.

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries