View Single Post
Old March 1, 2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Sweet Shooter

Quote:
@sigcurious
Quote:
1. What part of the one line addition that allows unloaded CC, indicated this to you?

2. Perhaps you could elaborate on what you mean by in your pocket but open carried? Your description is contradictory, open carry...while concealed.

3. By pulling the trigger? Or by somehow "stealthily" shoving both hands into one pocket to load more rounds? What if the people following you just happen to be heading the same way? Now you have an illegally concealed firearm or an illegally OC'd firearm if you remove it from concealment if you're not a permit holder.
1. 1.If it's concealed then it has to stay concealed. Even "printing" can lead to brandishing charges. By this new piece of legislation even if I have a CCP I can say I was open carrying.

2. I was talking about the sp101 a S/DA revolver I can cock and un-cock the firearm in a big jacket pocket with one hand which will load the weapon, given that there would have to be two empty chambers (two mechanical actions required to fire = unloaded by Utah law) and that there is a transfer bar. By the unaltered legislature the firearm can be in a pocket as long as part of it is visible. The new bill blurs that line allowing my to decide the nature of carry.

3. Yes one would have to be pretty confident one was in trouble before loading the firearm in a pocket.

I'm not saying it replaces the need for a CCP. That should be done additionally allowing even more freedom. Just a step in the right direction. I don't want to have to worry about if I'm showing through anymore, or not visible enough. That is just wrong, and apart from being backwards in Utah (the permit required to conceal vs not required for open carry) the law needs to be made to work for us, to protect us, not against us.

-SS-

Page generated in 0.03724 seconds with 8 queries