View Single Post
Old August 26, 2013, 09:32 AM   #5
merbeau

Parts

Thanks to all that replied to my thread.

A little more history:

I did some reading and this particular pump seems to have a fine reputation for being very good (as some of you have already pointed out). The first gun club that I joined years ago only had a trap range. I started out using my Browning 16 gauge but the club had a policy of hulls hitting the ground were club property so I needed an alternative. I went to a fairly large gun store. The manager suggested the High Standard so I purchased this pump and shot it one season before going off to college. So the shotgun does have some rounds down the tube.

I was able to strip the gun down following a video that I found on Utube and gave the gun a good cleaning. I did not do anything with the trigger mechanism other than pull it out of the frame after removing the side pin. I then reassembled the shotgun and the cycling was fine, however, the gun still would not fire when pulling the trigger. I do not think it is a firing pin issue. That looked fine.

I will probably take it to my local gunsmith for evaluation.

I looked at the parts website provided and it does seem there are parts available although the aluminum trigger assembly is sold out.

Thanks again

Robert

Page generated in 0.02660 seconds with 8 queries