View Single Post
Old October 11, 2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Savage32-20

Group buy of powder/primers

Not sure if this topic has come up before or not - But here goes!

1st are there any legal issues with doing something like this. I would buy the stuff and have it shipped to me and then we could meet and disperse the powder to those that ordered. Hazmat fee could be cut because the order would hopefully be large enough to make it worthwhile for all involved.

My idea would be to get people that are close enough to the Greentown/Newfoundland PA area and willing to meet locally to get the items from me. I'm planning on placing an order anyway, just figured someone else may need some powder/primers as well and there's no sense i can think of for everyone to pay a hazmat fee.

Most places have a $25 hazmat fee and you can order as much or as little as you want in that 1 fee, primers and powder all fall under the same 1 time fee. So if I'm ordering 10lb of powder and your ordering 2lb and a box of primers we could figure something out to evenly split the fee.

I know in my neck of the woods it is limited as to what you can find to buy at the store and most are charging double what powder valley is charging ($40 or so for h414 or varget) or close enough that it would make a big difference.

Not looking to make any money doing this, just maybe save some.

Last edited by Savage32-20; October 11, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.03312 seconds with 8 queries