View Single Post
Old November 20, 2006, 08:10 PM   #19
bennnn

Quote:
Barfing is acceptable on your first field dressing of a deer
geneinnc, that cracked me up, thanks for the laugh...

But guys,,, Big Caliber never said exactly which species of
Quote:
something edible
he has been dreaming of.. I have to admit the handle made me think,,, DEER,, as well...

But BC, you sould go out with someone who has firsthand knowledge of how to field dress whatever game you're out for that particular day. You have all the web advice you need right here in this thread, foxman and ART just gave you what sounds like about 50 years of combined experiance..... I can't add a thing, my advice would be slightly different, but the important facts are all the same... Get those innards OUT, the sooner the better, for taste....
Quote:
the time-sensitive issue is the field dress,
Boy, could I tell y'all a story about how a friend came over with a gut shot whitetail (3 hours old) in the back of his van last weekend for help...... I felt like a surgeon on House, I did what I could.......

But were you talking about deer? I've never heard of a rabbit/squirrel guide....

Also, he asked about the hide,,,, I have a little experiance in that area, but we need to see if he comes back....

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 8 queries