View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 07:20 PM   #6
mtlucas0311

I'd be very careful of what you buy in regards to a match gun of any type on gunbroker. No fault on gunbroker, but there are a lot of guys out there who liken themselves to gunsmiths because they took a weekend course somewhere, and now buy old guns, slap a barrel and trigger job on and sell them as match guns. Not that there aren't nice guns to be had, but I've found the number of backyard specials a bit scary. For example, as explained by Sandy at Virginia Gunworks, it's easy to twist the frame on a revolver when installing the barrel, and almost a certainty if your a backyarder with limited expierience, this leads to all sorts of other problems. My buddy bought a PPC gun from a local shop, "custom and ready to go", he's had nothing but problems because the guy who built it cobbled it together and reblued it to make it look pretty. He's wrapped up twice what I have in a professionally built gun trying to get his to function reliably, and mines still far better. Sounds like you got yourself a good bargain on a truely good gun though, nice job.

Page generated in 0.04195 seconds with 9 queries